Results of 2016 pilot testing and external review
Between April and November 2016, the draft monitoring methodologies for SDG 6 global indicators were pilot tested at scale in five countries (Jordan, the Netherlands, Peru, Senegal, and Uganda), with the objective to collect feedback on technical feasibility, usefulness for policy making, institutional models for implementation, and capacity requirements.
In addition, between August and October 2016, UN-Water carried out an external review of the draft monitoring methodologies, to collect feedback from country and international experts.
The objective of both of these exercises was to improve the methodologies and inform the process of global implementation of the methodologies starting in 2017.
The revised methodologies are included in the Integrated Monitoring Guide for SDG 6.
Summary of main feedback received and responses from the custodian agencies
- Outcomes of methodology revision process (presentation)
- 6.3.1 on wastewater treatment
- 6.3.2 on ambient water quality
- 6.4.1 on water use efficiency
- 6.4.2 on water stress
- 6.5.1 on integrated water resources management
- 6.5.2 on transboundary cooperation
- 6.6.1 on water-related ecosystems
- Overall on SDG 6 monitoring and country processes