UN-Water is later today launching seven reports that track progress towards the various targets set out in SDG 6 using the SDG global indicators:
- Safe Treatment and Use of Wastewater (SDG indicator 6.3.1, WHO and UN-Habitat)
- Ambient Water Quality (SDG indicator 6.3.2, UN Environment)
- Water-Use Efficiency (SDG indicator 6.4.1, FAO)
- Level of Water Stress (SDG indicator 6.4.2, FAO)
- Integrated Water Resources Management (SDG indicator 6.5.1, UN Environment)
- Transboundary Water Cooperation (SDG indicator 6.5.2, UNECE and UNESCO)
- Water-related Ecosystems (SDG indicator 6.6.1, UN Environment)
The reports are based on country data, compiled and verified by the United Nations agencies responsible, sometimes complemented by data from other sources.
The reports will be launched on Monday 27 August 14:00 CEST at the World Water Week in Stockholm, and celebrated with a stand-up session in the UN-Water Pavilion 17:30 CEST. During the week, the authors of the reports will also be interviewed on Facebook live, to highlight main findings and lessons learned.